We encourage abstracts dealing with various aspects of food engineering especially the following areas:
- Advancing thermal and nonthermal processing and hurdle technologies
- Grain processing and bakery production
- Food fermentation (craft and micro-brewing, etc.)
- Dairy products
- Meat and sea food processing
- Frozen food and chilled meals
- Encapsulation and delivery
- Low and intermediate moisture foods
- Packaging and self-life improvement
- Engineering of digestion processes, food structural and function dynamics in GIT and its interaction with microbiome, etc. and impact to health outcomes
- Microbial growth and inactivation
- Fresh produce safety
- Hygienic design, fouling and cleaning
- Phytochemical and bioactive ingredients
- Nanotechnology applications
- Physical properties and quality attributes
- Mathematical modeling of food processes
- Instrumentation, sensors, and imaging technologies
- Waste management and utilization
- Sustainability of food operations, advanced manufacturing, and manufacturing process intensification
- E-commence, big data and artificial intelligence in food industry
- Food engineering education and extension
- Other areas of interest
Abstract preparation guidelines:
Abstract (300 words or less) should provide research justification, objective, methods, results, relevance to food engineering profession and the food industry.
Please use the template below to submit your abstract.
- Abstracts promoting commercial products or technologies without scientific emphasis will not be considered.
- Please proof read abstract prior to submission.
- Organizers reserve the right to reject incomplete abstracts or those do not follow review guidelines.